Saturday, December 21, 2013

Herb's Story - Part of my film and television history - Jim York

My good friend and colleague, Herb Sennnett recently sent me a link to his website reminding me about the origin of one of his really moving films.  Herb is a friend from my international academy days.  I'll quote him, below about how the idea for a movie about his days in Vietnam came to him…


"Several years back, I found a box full of old 8mm film and pictures. Nearly all of the photos and film footage was from my year as an infantry officer during the war in Vietnam. Noticing that the film was starting to deteriorate, I had the footage transfered to digital. After I picked up the finished product, I was at my desk at the Palm Beach Film School viewing the result when the school's director, Jim York, noted what I was watching. When I explained to him what I had, he said that I should put the film and photos together into a movie about my experiences. "

Here is a link to Herb's film.

Jim York

No comments:

Post a Comment